October 30, 2012

How much did your vote cost you?

Follow along on Facebook: Click HERE
  Maybe you've heard, but there's a pretty big election coming up. I mean, it's kind of a big deal. Oh, and the best part for you?! It won't cost you anything to participate. That's right, YOUR vote has already been paid for. And let me tell you my friend, the price tag was a pretty hefty one. No, it wasn't paid for in diamonds or gold, but it was bought with the blood of generations of brave men and women who have given everything defending your freedoms and liberties. Don't let those sacrifices be in vain. Do your research, educate yourself on who YOU think is the most eligible candidate. Don't let your vote be determined by your friends, or the media, or the voting record of your great-great granddaddy. You decide for YOURSELF! Once your decision is made, don't sulk and pout over political affairs as you make your way to the voting precinct, voting is a PRIVILEGE!!! Remember?!  Oh, and one last thing... don't waste your time or the time of others by making silly comments about what you will do or how you will feel if your candidate doesn't win. You've done your part. Say a little prayer, and give the rest to God. He gets the ultimate vote so spend your time in prayer, don't waste it on worry. You have the right to vote, CELEBRATE it!!


Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. - Romans 13:1 



I think my girls have gone with me to vote in every election that I've had the oppurtunity since they've been alive. I love to talk to them about the bravery of the men and women who with such courage volunteer to defend our rights. I want them to know that they are a part of a blessed nation. I don't know what the future holds, and neither do you. So the only thing that we need to worry about is doing our part the best way that we know how. Go vote.

Want to follow Sit Down And Take A Brake on Facebook? Then click here.

2 comments:

  1. What precious daughters you have, and thank you for reminding us of the grave, awesome responsibility we have as voters.

    My dad was a Pearl Harbor Survivor, and we were taking my kids to parades to see him march, and to events with other Survivors since they were little.

    I remember once we stood up and were clapping and my then-little boy asked me why we were standing and clapping for them.

    I told him it was our way of showing respect and saying thank you for fighting in a war to preserve our freedoms and defend our country.

    He then asked (in his regular loud boy voice) "Then how come no one else is standing and clapping and saying thank you?"

    The other people around us heard him and they all stood up, rather sheepishly, pretty soon people all around were following their example. It was awesome, lol!

    My oldest is very political. He made sure all his friends signed up when they turned 18, even if he had to sit next to them with the computer, haha!

    This is the first major election that our youngest has been able to vote in. He was pretty excited!

    Well, now I am taking over your blog. Sorry! Nice to "meet" you and have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this story so very much!! Thank you for sharing!!! :)

      Delete